This service is available to engage with and provide support to all clients who attend CARP and for anyone who seeks support.
A referral process and waiting list are in place to engage with this service.
Addiction Counselling is a highly specialised form of counselling; substance use becomes the coping mechanism for underlying issues a lot of time. It has been highly documented that there is an extremely high connection between people that have experienced trauma and use substances.
Addiction Counselling can facilitate a process that helps individuals address trauma and overcome any personal fears and anxiety they may be experiencing. The primary benefit is that it creates an opportunity for change, and individuals can take action as to what needs to be done to live a healthier, happier life.
The Addiction counselling offered is trauma-informed. CBT, Solution-focused therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and other modalities are used to support the individual reach their therapy goals.
Some of the outcomes can be
- To strengthen self-worth.
- To find positive ways to manage stressful events and emotions.
- To learn how to react to common substance and behavioural triggers.
- To develop practical skills for dealing with cravings.
- To assist the individual with rebuilding trusting relationships with others.
- To become responsible and learn how to live within society under societies rules
If you or your loved ones are affected by addiction and need support, CARP may be a service that can help
Available by Appointment Tel: 085 8119204
Number of counselling sessions offered